Thursday, May 6, 2010

playtime


Will's sister Abi made this beautiful play rug for Hannah, which she uses every day and has become a permanent fixture in our lounge room. We love it! The fabric comes from the Ikea Fabler range, which she cleverly created into a unique blanket with ribbon and stitching detail.

I didn't want to buy another activity gym for Hannah because nothing would be as lovely as her rug, but I still wanted to hang her toys above her and encourage her to roll around. So I made some flexible foam arches using insulation foam and irrigation piping and covered them in fabric to match the rug. If I get more time I want to gradually make more interactive, rattly or soft toys to hang from it, but she has a dragon fly to start with.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, irrigation pipes and insulation foam - your like a domestic macgyver!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails